We aim to serve straightforward food with an emphasis on quality and simple artistry. In addition to using fresh fruit, berries and vegetables during the growing season from our own organic garden, the Saturday farmer’s market in Chestertown beckons with many local fruit and vegetable producers. We have established a working relationship with a local meat and egg producer who delivers sausage and free-range eggs to the inn.
The Brampton was a peach plantation during its heyday in the 19th century. In season no breakfast or afternoon tea will be complete without that delicious fruit and you can look forward to something “peachy” every day of the week.
With 24 hours notice we can accommodate special diets such as: Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Low-carb and Low-fat.
Upon request breakfast delivery is available to guests staying in the cottages.
Please view our sample menu below, or browse a few of our recipes to use in your own kitchen.
- Orange or cranberry juice
- A freshly baked pastry
- Daily changing fruit course
- Cook’s whim – sweet choice such as French Toast made with homemade bread.
- Cook’s whim – savory choice. In the Spring frittatas with homegrown asparagus and goat cheese is a favorite of our guests.
- Always eggs your way
- Greek yogurt with homemade GF granola and fresh fruit
- Oatmeal with raisins and toasted nuts
- Daily changing breakfast meat
Try a few of our recipes:
“We couldn’t feel more at home than we do here. The staff is wonderful. The breakfast is outstanding. We could go on and on, but we’re sure the guests will find out for themselves what a treasure they found here at the Brampton.”
~ Marion and Paul, NY
Tea Time and Social Hour
Every day at our romantic getaway in Maryland, afternoon tea is served buffet-style in the dining room and consists of freshly prepared savories and sweets. During the warmer months we’ll have iced tea and lemonade. During the Fall and Winter we offer a selection of fine Harney and Sons teas. Also during January and February it’s oyster season. On Saturdays you can enjoy oysters on the half shell with a house made Mignonette and cocktail sauces.
Sample Tea Offerings:
- Brampton Plantation Peach Cobbler
- Almond biscotti
- Rhubarb strawberry crisp
- Linzer cookies with homemade Peach Jam
- Mini quiches
- Assortment of cheeses and crackers
- Cheese Puffs
- Onion Tart
- Kale Chips
- Homemade spiced nuts
- Oysters on the half shell in season
For more culinary inspiration:
Check out this blog, Danielle is a proud member of “Eight Broads in the Kitchen“.