General Information and Reservation Policies
Please read the “small print” carefully for our Chestertown Inn. If you have a question, call us at 410-778-1860 and we will gladly explain.
- All reservations require a $150 deposit per room. The balance will be charged 14 days prior to your arrival date for a single room booking.
- For holidays, special events such as Washington College graduation and multiple room bookings, the balance will be charged 30 days prior to the arrival date.
- The rates are always quoted for two people and can vary according to the season. Please note, that our quiet season is in March.
- The sales and lodging tax rate is a combined 11%. (6% MD State and 5% Kent County Lodging tax).
- We accept: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex, personal checks, traveler’s checks and cash. All refunds are subject to a $30 processing fee.
- Please, absolutely NO smoking, burning of candles or incense in any of the buildings on the property.
- Complementary WiFi is available throughout the inn.
- All rooms have individually controlled air conditioning.
- All baths include a hair dryer, thick cotton towels, robes and nice bath amenities.
- All rooms have flat screen TVs with DVD players for watching movies. However, we DO NOT have cable TV service and only get digital TV reception for about 10 stations. If watching cable TV is important to you during your getaway consider choosing alternative accommodations.
- All guest rooms have fireplaces and they are opened and used from November 1st to March 31st. If you intend to visit the Brampton to enjoy a fire in a fireplace, please plan your stay between November 1st to March 31st. We are firm about these dates.
- CHECK-IN: from 3:00 PM till 7:00 PM. To arrange for a late arrival call us at 410-778-1860
- CHECK-OUT: no later than 11:00 AM.
- Breakfast is served daily from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM. Guests in the cottages are welcome to order breakfast to be delivered from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM.
- Weekend reservations require a two night stay, holiday weekend reservations a three night stay.
- Only the Red Room, the Fairy Hill Suite and the Sunset Room can accommodate one additional person, 12 years or older. Please add $50 plus tax, per night.
- The Apartment in Camellia Cottage and Russell’s Cottage are our pet-friendly accommodation. You can read about our pet friendly policy here. Camellia Cottage can accommodate 2 dogs and Russell’s Cottage can accommodate one dog, 20lbs. or less. A pet fee of $20 applies per dog, per day.
- Unfortunately our main driveway is very narrow. Over-sized vans and trucks can not be accommodated.
We do understand that plans can change and in case they do please note:
- Your deposit minus a $30 cancellation/refund fee will be returned up to 14 days prior to the scheduled arrival date for a single room booking. Regardless of the reason there is NO refund and the reservation can NOT be moved to another date for a cancellation received less than 14 days prior to the arrival date.
- For holidays, special events such as Washington College graduation and multiple room bookings the deposit minus a $30 cancellation/refund fee per room will be returned up to 30 days prior to the scheduled arrival date. Regardless of the reason there are NO refunds and the reservations can NOT be moved to another date for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the arrival date.
- For Elopements and Intimate Weddings the terms and conditions of the signed agreement apply.
- We highly recommend trip insurance such as www.insuremytrip.com or www.travelinsurance.com if you are worried about an unexpected emergency.
It’s not easy being Green:
We limit the Inn’s environmental impact as much as possible by composting all food scraps. Check out our compost mountain on your next visit! We recycle paper, plastic, glass and aluminum. We no longer offer bottled water but have an airpot with ice water in the den. Our well water is regularly tested by the Kent County Health Department and is delicious. We keep the grass fairly long to retain moisture. Organic fertilizer is sparingly used around the property. The vegetable and berry garden is organic. We purchase our eggs, bacon, sausage and ham from a local farmer. We make our own jams and fruit butters with locally grown fruit from Godfrey’s Farm. You will enjoy a freshly prepared à-la-carte breakfast and our baked goods are made from scratch and baked daily.
Larger amenity bottles have replaced the tiny, individual bottles in the bathrooms. We refill them as needed. We’ll ask you to tell us if you wish to reuse your towels a second day to help conserve resources or if you prefer to have them changed daily.