General Information and Reservation Policies
Please read the “small print” carefully for our Chestertown Inn. If you have a question, call us at 410-778-1860 and we will gladly explain.
- Please, absolutely NO smoking, burning of candles or incense in any of the buildings on the property.
- Complementary WIFI is available throughout the inn (most of the time).
- All rooms have individually controlled air conditioning.
- All baths include a hair dryer, thick cotton towels, robes and nice bath amenities.
- All rooms have flat screen TVs with DVD players for watching movies. However, we DO NOT have cable TV service and only get digital TV reception for about 10 stations. If watching cable TV is important to you during your getaway consider choosing alternative accommodations.
- All guest rooms have fireplaces and they are opened and used from November 1st to March 31st. If you plan to visit the Brampton to enjoy a fire in a fireplace, please plan your stay between November 1st to March 31st. We are firm about these dates.
- CHECK-IN: from 3:00 PM till 7:00 PM. To arrange for a late arrival call us at 410-778-1860
- CHECK-OUT: no later than 11:00 AM.
- Breakfast is served daily from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM. Guests in the cottages are welcome to order breakfast to be delivered from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM.
- The rates are always quoted for two people and vary according to the season. Please note, that our quiet season is in March.
- The sales and lodging tax rate is a combined 11%. (6% MD State and 5% Kent County Lodging tax).
- We accept: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex, personal checks, traveler’s checks and cash. All refunds are subject to a $30 processing fee.
- Reservations that include a Saturday night require a two night stay, holidays and special events require a three night stay. However, don’t hesitate to give us a call or check our website about a single Saturday stay. Sometimes a room happens to be available for just one night.
- Only the Red Room, the Fairy Hill Suite and the Sunset Room can accommodate one additional person, 12 years or older. Please add $50 plus tax, per night.
- The Apartment in Camellia Cottage is our pet-friendly accommodation. You can read about our pet friendly policy here. A pet fee of $20 applies per dog, per day. Two dogs maximum.
- Unfortunately our driveway is very narrow. We restrict over-sized vans and trucks.
Deposit amount required: $150 per room at time of booking.
- Please note: Cancellations must be made by phone at 410-778-1860 and must receive a cancellation number. Otherwise they are not valid. Email can get lost in cyber-space and unless you spoke to us in person there is no guarantee that we’ll know about your change of plans.
- Your deposit minus a $30 processing fee per room will be returned if the cancellation is made 15 days or more prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- For holiday weekends, special events, Washington College Graduation weekend and multiple room bookings the deposit minus a $30 processing fee per room will be returned if the cancellation is made 45 days or more prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- Regardless of the reasons, there are NO refunds and the reservation(s) CANNOT be moved to another date for late and last minute cancellations. Sorry, we make no exceptions.
- For elopements and Intimate weddings the terms and conditions of the signed agreement apply.
- We highly recommend trip insurance such as www.insuremytrip.com or www.travelinsurance.com if you are worried about an unexpected emergency.
It’s not easy being Green:
We limit the Inn’s environmental impact as much as possible by composting all food scraps. Check out our compost mountain on your next visit! We recycle paper, plastic, glass and aluminum. We no longer offer bottled water but have an airpot with ice water in the den. Our well water is regularly tested by the Kent County Health Department and is delicious. We keep the grass fairly long to retain moisture. Organic fertilizer is sparingly used around the property. The vegetable and berry garden is organic. We purchase our eggs, bacon, sausage and ham from a local farmer. We make our own jams and fruit butters with locally grown fruit from Godfrey’s Farm. You will enjoy a freshly prepared à-la-carte breakfast and our baked goods are made from scratch and baked daily.
Larger, 3 oz. amenity bottles have replaced the tiny, individual bottles in the bathrooms. Feel free to take them with you when you leave. They are the legal size to take on a plane in your hand luggage. No worries, they are still the same wonderful products. We’ll ask you to tell us if you wish to reuse your towels a second day to help conserve water or if you prefer to have them changed daily.