Brampton Crab Cakes
In the spirit of summer we’re sharing our favorite homemade crab cake recipe. They’re gluten-free and make the perfect appetizer!
1 pound Maryland jumbo lump crab meat. The biggest you can find.
2 large scallops
3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
finely grated zest of half a lemon
2 Tbsp. finely chopped Italian parsley
Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. melted butter
- Gently remove all shell pieces from the crab meat.
- In a blender, blend the scallops with the mayonnaise, mustard and lemon zest.
- Fold parsley into mayo/scallop mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
- With a spoon, very gently mix the scallop mixture with the crab meat.
- Divide the mixture by 4 and form the mixture into individual cakes. Place the crab cakes on a plate in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large sauté pan. Add the four crab cakes. Over medium heat gently brown crab cakes until golden, approx. 5-7 min.
- With a wide spatula carefully flip crab cakes once and continue browning until second side is golden. These crab cakes are delicate and can easily fall apart. Handling them carefully is a must.
- Garnish with a wedge of lemon and a sprig of parsley.
Don’t forget! Celebrate our 30th Anniversary with us on July 1st!
Join us July 1st for a crab feast in celebration of the 30th anniversary of our Maryland bed and breakfast! We’ll also be announcing our grand prize winner for the weekend getaway!