We aim to serve straightforward food with an emphasis on quality and simple artistry at our Maryland inn. In addition to using fresh fruit, berries and vegetables during the growing season from our own organic garden, the Saturday farmer’s market in Chestertown beckons with many local fruit and vegetable producers.
We have established a working relationship with a local meat and egg producer who delivers sausage and free-range eggs to the inn. We try hard to be as “garden to plate” as possible. During the Winter and shoulder seasons we don’t always have a choice and have to use what is available at the grocery store.
Check out our food video on YouTube.
Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn was a peach plantation during its heyday in the 19th century. In season no breakfast or afternoon tea will be complete without that delicious fruit and you can look forward to something “peachy” every day of the week.
With 24 hours notice we can accommodate special diets such as: Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Low-carb and Low-fat. Upon request breakfast delivery is available to guests staying in the cottages.
Sample Breakfast Menu
- Orange or cranberry juice
- A freshly baked pastry
- Always homemade jams or marmelades
- Daily changing fruit course
- Cook’s whim – sweet choice such as French Toast made with homemade bread
- Cook’s whim – savory choice. In the Spring frittatas with homegrown asparagus and goat cheese is a favorite of our guests
- Always eggs your way
- Greek yogurt with homemade GF granola
- Oatmeal with raisins and toasted nuts
- Daily changing breakfast meat