To be as much “Garden, Farm and Chesapeake Bay” to plate as possible is our goal!
We aim to serve straightforward food with an emphasis on quality and simple artistry at our Maryland inn. In addition to using fresh fruit, berries and vegetables during the growing season from our own organic garden we shop at the many fruit and vegetable farm stands in our area and the Saturday farmer’s market in Chestertown.
A local meat and egg producer delivers sausage and fresh free-range eggs weekly to the Brampton. We are very fortunate to live so close to the Chesapeake Bay and love to integrate seafood to our breakfast and tea selections.
We now offer a selection of wine for purchase. Check out our wine list. If you wish you can order ahead and it will be waiting in your room.
For a short period of time during the 19th century the Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn was a peach plantation. In season no breakfast or afternoon tea will be complete without that delicious fruit and you can look forward to something “peachy” every day of the week.
Please check out our food video on YouTube.
With 24 hours notice we can accommodate special diets such as: Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Low-carb and Low-fat. Upon request breakfast delivery is available to guests staying in the cottages.
Sample Breakfast Menu
- Orange or cranberry juice
- A freshly baked pastry
- Always homemade jams or marmalades
- Daily changing fruit course
- Cook’s whim – sweet choice such as French Toast made with homemade bread
- Cook’s whim – savory choice. In the Spring frittatas with homegrown asparagus and goat cheese is a favorite of our guests. Saturday is quiche day at the Brampton!
- Always eggs your way
- Greek yogurt with homemade GF granola
- Oatmeal with raisins and toasted nuts
- Daily changing breakfast meat