Our goal is to be as much “Garden, Farm and Chesapeake Bay” to plate as possible.
We aim to serve straightforward food with an emphasis on quality and simple artistry at our Maryland inn. In addition to using fresh fruit, berries and vegetables during the growing season from our own organic garden we shop at the many fruit and vegetable farm stands in our area and the Saturday farmer’s market in Chestertown.
A local meat and egg producer delivers sausage and fresh free-range eggs weekly to the Brampton. We are very fortunate to live so close to the Chesapeake Bay and love to integrate seafood to our breakfast and tea selections during the season.
We now offer a selection of wine for purchase. Check out our wine list. If you wish you can order ahead and it will be waiting in your room.
For a short period of time during the 19th century the Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn was a peach plantation. In season no breakfast or afternoon tea will be complete without that delicious fruit and you can look forward to something “peachy” every day of the week.
Please check out our food video on YouTube.
Sample Breakfast Menu
- Organic orange or cranberry juice
- A freshly home baked pastry, such as a danish, blueberry muffin, orange almond scone or sour cream walnut coffee cake, etc. Something different every day.
- Always homemade jams or marmalades. Some of our favorites are strawberry, strawberry-rhubarb, blueberry-lemon, plum-cinnamon, peach-vanilla, Meyer lemon marmalade, citrus marmalade, etc.
- Daily changing seasonal fruit course.
- Cook’s whim – sweet choice such as French Toast made with homemade bread, raised waffle or Brampton’s blueberry buttermilk pancakes.
- Cook’s whim – savory choice. In the Spring frittatas with homegrown asparagus and goat cheese is a favorite of our guests. Saturday is either quiche or Benny day at the Brampton!
- Always eggs your way.
- Greek yogurt with homemade GF granola.
- Oatmeal with dried fruit and toasted nuts.
- Daily changing breakfast meat such as smoked bacon, Cedar Run Farm sausage, or Black Forest ham.
Try a few of our favorite recipes:
- Brampton’s Peach Lassi Recipe
- Brampton’s Baked Peach Pancake Recipe
- Brampton’s Lemon Ginger Muffins Recipe
For more culinary inspiration:
Check out this blog, Danielle is a proud member of “Eight Broads in the Kitchen“.